Margaritaville

Margaritaville

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Decisions

BocaGuy:
This Sunday I'm taking a break from talking about the real short comings of Rudy Giuliani. The Iowa
caucus is January 3. The time has come for a decision on who to vote for President. We have friends in New Hampshire who are supporting one of the candidates. We respect their opinions, but we have our own.

The following blog best matches my own personal beliefs.

An Endorsement

Simply Left Behind
December 30, 2007

I've put this off long enough, even though in truth, I don't have to do this until the New York primary. Since that gets lost in the flurry of Super Tuesday endorsements, I figured I may as well stake my claim now.

I've spent the entire past year on the fence about whom to support for the Democratic presidential nomination. I had my list narrowed down to three people: Hillary Clinton, John Edwards and then, Barack Obama.

Edwards I discounted quickly, when his lack of character and toughness was on display for all to see with the whole "Catholic League/Bloggers" debacle. If he couldn't either shit or get off the pot..."Oooh, I don't want to arouse my base against me! Oooh, I don't want to take on the big, mean Catholic League!"...on that ridiculously inconsequential issue; if that's his idea of leadership, then he was the wrong choice. And that was just one issue: his flipflopping apology for the Iraq war vote smelled too calculated, and then there was the whole heartstring tug of Elizabeth's cancer, and running or not running. ....
( read more )

Copyright 2007 Simply Left Behind

No comments: